Monday, March 25, 2013


           

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

COMPOSITE TRUTH


     Passionate.  "Its not what you say, its what you do." --"Fencewalk" by Mandrill.  You see me in the morning what am I doing?  Writing, doing art, poetry, speaking to people.  You see me at work, what I am I doing: seeing how people are doing, listening to stories, writing, doing poetry, speaking, doing art.  If I have some down time, what am I doing?  Sketching, using the text option on my smartphone, helping people find solutions.  Who am I?  An artist, a writer, an activist, a poet--using every waking moment, just striving to get a message to you.

     You are important to me. Your state of mind means a lot to me.  How you think is most important. I don't want you to get discouraged, holler, and throw up both your hands. I know how it is, living in another society where your people are not the ruling class or amongst the richest people who control America's interests.  But, I got a plan: I want to build your confidence by making you knowledgeable. I want to make you aware of  things by telling you the truth: That may sound strange--but I'm beginning to realize, just like there's two sides to every story--there's two sides to every country: the ones who dictate and the one's who are here who have little option but to abide by it; and those lines are delineated more differently than you think.

     I just saw a documentary that is highly acclaimed called, "Searching for Sugarman," which I suggest you view it  and draw inspiration from it.  My reason for mentioning it now, is the comment that one of the Whites who live in South Africa made within this documentary--which up until now--my persons never thought too much concerning.  He said something to the effect that Sixto Rodriguez became a hero to many South Africans, simply because they reflect the sentiments of a number of Whites in South Africa who did not agree with the political aspects which were going on within South Africa, but had no voice or say internationally, not without being imprisoned for their views.  This is very similar to the German situation during WW II, and its subsequent treatment and genocide of many European Jews, known as the Holocaust.  Many rich "movers and shakers," and other "powers that be" within the governmental structure of Germany, wanted to eliminate the Jewish issue from the backlash that Germany incurred after World War One, for being a member of the Triple Alliance of the Central Powers during the war--however every German was not quite in agreement with what eventually became Germany's plan.  The rank and file of a society has very little to do with eventually becomes the policy of their country--beyond what they are offered to vote on and what they are told are the issues.  Once many of these polices are set in motion and perspectives become clear as a result of the various perspectives becoming laid bare--oft-time we find there are numbers of people within that country who do not agree.  However, this was not made more clearer than the statement made by the White man who was in this documentary.  He said, that as individuals in South Africa--Sugarman's words gave expression to ideas that they believed--that if openly expressed would wind up getting an person locked up for three years in South Africa [at the time].

     The issue then becomes muddled in a confused mush called government policy and patriotism.  Just because a person does not go along with the ideology of the rich and their lobbyists, which may eventually become a policy of their government does not make that person unpatriotic.  That person may very well consider himself a citizen of a particular country, and member of a people--yet do not agree with the policies perpetrated by a more influential social class, which culminates into government policy.  The majority of Western societies are indoctrinated into a pro-governmental stance on most of its policies, through upbringing and a skillful manipulation of the press and national media.  This is fundamentaly wrong.  Most people do not take the time to analyze, read between the lines, or consider things for themselves.  Therefore a lot of what the masses knows today is mainly what' they've been told and not anything that they know for sure.  Thus it becomes a travesty, when people like this get sucked into arguments in which they might uphold a position, simply because they don't want to seem unpatriotic.  The founding fathers of  the United States of America never advocated such a philosophical perspective.  It was they--themselves--who said that if the government did not reflect the perspective of its people, it should be abolished and replaced.  We have to get to a place where the truth and knowledge becomes more important to us, than what's popular or politically correct.  This view makes research and development mediums like what I bring you, paramount in the struggles for a free man's mind.

     For example, now most Whites in American society are popularly known to falsely identify with the belief of being a part of the middle class within this country.  As a matter of fact--they may be working next to you, have a wife, yet calling themselves middle class. Somewhere in between Obama's bids for president against Republican candidates George W. Bush and Mitt Romney--came the disclosure that the "real middle class household," brings in about $ 250,000.00 a year. Now I know that I don't make half of that, nor do I consider most of my readership does either. So I consider it safe to say, "If you have White people working beside you (having a wife, husband or not), they most likely are not part of the middle class!  That is not to say they may not be better off than most--just not as well off as they claim. . . 

Most of us (both Blacks and Whites) are working class stiffs on the day evening and night shifts, owing the rich through credit cards, loans and such--living on borrowed time. Granted, most of the time, Whites in the position to do so, will probably hire their own first--give them the higher salaries--then hire so-called minority women (for eye and skull candy) and male immigrant minorities before they will hire Blackmen.  $250,000.00 a year  is "CEO/ law firm partner like."  That type of money is usually not made by the majority of  us who think like we do.  But nonetheless, many of us still believe in the illusion that these things are still possible for them--like they believe in the American dream.

     We are here in America, along with the other working class stiffs of various cultures, races and nationalities, effected by the laws in which the rich in this country ultimately influence, and in effect control--striving to affect things through petitions and social groups.  Many of us work for big corporations--big and small businesses, city, state, and federal governments--but not often do we work for our own people.  Not to mention that, the few times we do, our employment often falls under great scrutiny--because our own people have also gotten sucked into perpetuating the White stereotypes that Blacks are incompetent, inferior, and not trustworthy.  With the exception of government jobs--often these businesses are owned by the rich, as well as, the high end middle class or bourgeois-in-the-making.

     These rich and true middle class people, are the type of people who form their own communities, live in areas we can't afford, and get opportunities we don't.  They are the type who do major trading deals, take-overs, and mergers.  We are the type who get downsized in the aftermath of the take-overs.  We do not belong to the Kiwanis Club, the Lion's Club, or the Rotary Club--because we can't afford those dues.  Nor do we have lobbyists working around the clock for our corporate or individual interests.  Yet a lot of us, certainly want to be--and a lot of us will certainly screw over each other to gain steps on the corporate ladder.  Most Whites believe, because of having the same skin tone--they are the priviledged and most likely candidates--therefore many of them display a sense of aloofness, where other peoples are concerned.  The House of Representatives, Senators, block captains, and labor unions are our lobbyists for social change--despite the fact that we pay the lion's share of American taxes.  Companies like Dole pineapples, Heinz and Hunt Ketchup, and the DuPonts of America, break bread in the United States Senate with the various lobbyist serving the table, while the executive orders pass laws which protect their interests and sixty seven plus major corporations which run this country.  I'm a renaissance man--which means I attempt to do everything "in house."  The rebirth of the Black Phoenix and all its children."  But by now, you know that:   "It's not what I say, its what I do."

     You are my people and I love you.  I believe in you, and what you can do.  That's why I write: to reach out to you: to encourage you to keep on; tell you of things it took me years to find out--that is, so that you do not have to dedicate the same time I did to find out what is real and what is not.  I do so because I care.  I get upset because, I know you have been misinformed and just don't know it. I also know, if you knew--you wouldn't be doing so many self destructive things.  You wouldn't be so eager to do crack--blast off in the shooting galleries and turn your back on what you think to be reality--to feel good about yourself.  You would not have the philosophy that any world you are welcome to, is better than the one you come from.  You are not the cause--you are the used, confused, and abused.  So I continue to work, investigating things--so that you can update your records and clear up many misconceptions. . .  If you choose to.  I would just like to keep you abreast of what's happening, as well as the social significance of such things--yet I can't,  if you don't let me.  The choice is yours--and as much as I want you to be aware--I want you to be free to choose.  It is group awareness within a society, which can hold its' government accountable for its foreign and domestic policies.  The last time this occured was during the sixties--by all walks of life--and look what got done.













      When we think of The Honorable Marcus Mosiah Garvey, most of us do not think of religion, or Mr. Garvey's religion--because he wasn't pushing his religious beliefs.  Mr. Garvey was speaking the truth, in a most unversal way.  He did not segregate between Black people. When you think of Malcolm X (Malik Al Hajj Shabazz), you don't think as much of his religion until you think of his connection with the Honorable Elijah Muhammad--that is because he spoke to all black folks within our Diaspora.  Malcolm furthered the Pan Afrikan cause when he formed the OAAU for Black people in the West to interface with the OAU in Central Asia or so-called Africa. Things that happen to one of us, in some way, effects us all.  Religion, what group you're in, think tanks, political party, etc.--do more to divide us, rather than unite us.

     Don't get me wrong, they do provide key perspectives--just don't unite all of Black people. We can have differences in opinions or perspectives--we just need resolve what is more important or what is needed by all of us--and come together under that banner. You are all my people, you are my family and I love you.   That's why I talk: you mean that much to me.  I could be a smart guy, who only speaks to those who are on my level, but what good would that do?  There are too many intellectuals who just talk academically--never doing anything for anyone, unless it benefits them or makes them look good--and never do anything towards our goals.  They'll speak on topics, to show how well versed they are, but the truth is--they believe they are far beyond, too much above, or far too superior to the people we need to reach--to ever become involved enough to make a difference. There is certainly no concern for others, amongst these types here.

     I personally do not have any time for such small talk--my words are truly for those who need it.  I have no time for wasted words, playing trivia or sports, or championing lost causes--I am an artist, writer, activist, poet--and I'm here for those who are in-tune, to get turned on by a positive destiny for Black people. Possibilities based upon the known--actual acts, and chronology. People like you and me. People who plan to do progressive things by increasing of one's awareness about the known.   I don't write about dreams. I belong to a people who have done, and will do, noteworthy things and  I am proud of  us. And, if you study our chronicles thoroughly enough, you would be too. But pride is only a small part of it, you must learn to act upon the confidence that knowing the truth brings. Knowing something has a way of teaching us, what has happened before can surely happen again--given the same conditions and circumstances. Therefore being aware is paramount.

     "Deeds not words," that's what the master drummer, Max Roach said:  Like these skateboard fanatics around Love park.  Day in day out--who do they hang out with?  Other skate board friends.  Where do they hang out?  On their various "home-made obstacle courses" taking on all challenges--all day, everyday.  If you ain't down, best not hang around them--its bound to get monotonous for a non-devotee.  If he or she is on the set with outsiders, it is short lived, because they have to get back "to the lab."  Like me, I have so much time, "but I ain't got time for nothing--I'm always doing something.  I'm about this: Production and being productive.  Learning, speaking, building and teaching--with those of like mind.   If I am striving to convince you, you and I are not the same. . .   This is very important to recognise.  It does not have to be "teacher/student"--they could be malcontents or chronic complainers.  The cards are not in on you yet.  Maybe you will, maybe you won't.  In the words of Chuck D: "Can't Truss It."  Can't put too much weight on it.

     I approach each circumstance like a psychologist--non committal, critical and hard to convince.  I saw you and you weren't doing what I was when I met you.  Therefore, we are not working from the same confidence that an already tried "word" brings. As an artisan toils, his clay and tool teaches him more when he labors--the unaware are lost in the need to be convinced and are reluctant to the path and truths a new brings. I don't have a problem with breaking the word down, or teaching, I'm just saying--from now on, you'd have to prove to me that you are about this concept or that concept, and I am not easy to convince.  In the morning, what are you doing?  In the afternoon, what are you doing?  In the evening what are you doing?  At night, 'whatcha' doing?  It's "deeds not words," "it's not what you say, it's what you do."  Everyday, that's what I do.  For weeks, months and many years, that's what I do.  I'm committed.  I don't just say it, I be about it.  You can see what I'm about.  No doubt.  Like B.B. King, "I like to live the love that I sing about."  Coming from the heart.  My heart is in this!  Not pretentious, passionate.

     Now I heard, it's been said about people like me, by these so-called liberals, that we have a problem with us--"making up our own chronologicals."  Poppycock!   This is one of the main reason for my links to documented facts--usually by Western sources and places in their his*story, music, art etc.--along with our own sources of Black intellectuals who have gone to their finest schools; often making books out of their dissertations, so the facts are already proven under the scrutiny of college professors who are leading members of "experts in the field."

You have to do such things, like back up your assertions for two reasons.  First of all, I don't ever want you to take my word for it: find out for yourself and then you will be convinced in a way I can never give you.  The bible teaches, "Study to show thyself approval."  Next, when things are being judged by a jury, all the antagonist has to do is cast "reasonable doubt" upon a subject and the jury can be hung.  So I want you to get the facts straight from the door before I proceed, because I am going to test your member and cite passages from my own treatises and articles.

One more word on these so-called liberals: I don't put too much weight on them or trust them.  The name alone tells you why.  The word means freedom and they are free people in the position of being fair or going along with what the masses does.  Just because they approach this as an option, does not make them a candidate in my book.  As Thomas Paine said, "Give me liberty or give me death."  That does not sound optional.  He was speaking about having rights.  The same rights as the rich; the same representation.  If a liberal does not approach your freedom in non-optional terms, he or she is not feeling justice from the heart, they are just acting the part and I don't need that.  I don't trust a rich kid who's says he's a punk rocker: There's real kids out their who are poor and actually living and breathing punk--not just a bored, rich kid who's looking for a cause to get behind.

Peace and Blessings,

 




C. Be'erla Hai-roi Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment